Christmas is fast-approaching and with it comes two things: dinner parties that involve feeding the 5000, and the need for warm, comforting food. We have a recipe that is a solution to both. This Baked Cheeseboard with Pear and Grapes is the perfect sharing dish that's super quick and easy to make. And if hosting is your idea of a nightmare, it's also perfect for those cozy Sunday evenings snuggled up watching Love Actually or The Holiday.
On this occasion, we used pear and grapes with feta, brie and goats cheese but any soft cheese or other fruit/veg works too. In our post about Best Before Dates, we spoke about the ways in which we can reduce waste by still using items that are past their Best Before. This one-pan recipe is perfect for this as you can adapt the recipe to suit what you have. No fruit but lots of veggies? Great. This recipe works just as well with roasted veg as it does with the pear and grapes. So get creative and who knows, your recipe might even turn out better than ours...
For this recipe you will need:
- 3x Soft Cheeses (Brie, Feta & Goats Cheese)
- 1 Pear sliced
- 1 handful of Grapes
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- handful(s) of Barley, Spelt & Walnut Savoury Granola
1. Place cheeses in a baking dish [with a rim], followed by sliced pear and whole grapes. Drizzle the entirety with olive oil, and honey.
2. Bake for 15 minutes at 180C fan (190C).
3. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle a handful of savoury granola over the top and bake for a further 5 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with crusty bread. And more granola crunch.
#EasyRecipe #UpcycledFood #LookSmellTasteDontWaste